Thursday, June 13, 2013

La Bagel Delight Got it Right!

     Recently, I had a hankerin' for a bagel. Luckily when I visited Alex on his lunch break one day last week there was a bagel shop right across the street. Among the many  La Bagel Delight locations, we chose the Park Slope location for this carb-party. 
      As soon as I walked into the shop I knew it was going to be fantastic. Since my very first job was working at a local bagel shop in York, PA, I know a awesome bagel when I see one. They have over ten types of bagels such as; everything, sesame, pumpernickel, garlic and egg and you can eat them so many different ways. They have breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches and a full catering menu. If you are more of a bagel and schmear kind of person they offer over 15 type of cream cheese as well. What I love about this place is their menu is huge! If you went to La Bagel Delight everyday for two months you wouldn't eat the same thing twice. No joke!
     During my visit I feasted, (and I do mean feasted because this was about 3 pounds of meat just on my sandwich!) on the one and only "Godfather." The Godfather contains a "thick layer of ham, Genoa salami, pepperoni, provolone, lettuce, tomato, roasted pepper, oil and vinegar." When they say thick, they're not kidding. The guy that handed me the completed sandwich gave me a mischievous smile and said "I hope you are hungry!" I was thinking "well, duh," and then I felt the weight of the sandwich and thought "what in the world was I thinking!" This thing weighed nearly five pounds but it was delish! Feast you eyes on this baby... 
LaBagel Delight's  Park Slope location is located at 284 7th Avenue Brooklyn, NY. For more information check out their website here and have a carb-party for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment