Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Greenpoint / McCarren Park Greenmarket


     The Greenpoint/McCarren Greenmarket is exciting the Williamsburg neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY every Saturday year-round from 8:00 a.m-3:00 p.m. I discovered this market a few weeks ago after completing a Saturday morning run with the North Brooklyn Runners club. I was intrigued from afar when I saw the massive piles of fruits and veggies, and by the time I finally walked through the whole market I was a huge fan.



     This Greenmarket brings the Williamsburg and Greenpoint communities together to shop, mingle and enjoy the beauty of the park. Since opening in 1997, the market has been supplying patrons with fresh milk, yogurt and cheeses; as well as grass-fed beef, pork, chicken and rabbit. My favorite part of the market was the homegrown fruit and vegetables. Talk about freshness. I wanted to take some of everything home! The market also sells honey by the pound, fresh eggs and baked goods galore.

 


     So, the next Saturday you have open take a trip to this beautiful Greenmarket and support the local farmers at: Union Avenue between Driggs and North 12th street in Brooklyn, NY. And remember; bring your recyclable bags and stay green!

No comments:

Post a Comment