Wednesday, March 27, 2013

16 Handles is Freakin' Fantastic


       Every time I enter 16 Handles I feel like I am walking into another world. A futuristic world where everything is lime green and pink and topped with whipped cream- it's a bit like being in Katy Perry's "California Girls" music video. With its neon decor, friendly staff and frozen yogurt toppings galore this is what I would consider a little piece of heaven.

     I discovered this self serve frozen yogurt shop when an enthusiastic New Yorker told me "its a no-brainier, you have to go!" So, I walked the ten blocks from my house at the time and experienced it for myself. That was two years ago and I am still raving about this place and never miss my weekly stop for some sweetness. Thank goodness I discovered 16 Handles when I did because I just can't imagine my life without it.
My 16 Handles!
     What makes this place so freakin' fantastic is unlike most fro-yo shops in NYC, this is self serve and you pay by weight. After you pile as many flavors of frozen yogurt in your cup as you like, you get to put your inner chef to the test at the toppings bar. There are over 30 toppings for you to create your fro-yo masterpiece. Everything from fresh fruit to wet walnuts. After you have reached fro-yo perfection you weigh it, pay then enjoy!






      My signature is huckleberry yogurt topped with cheesecake bites, kiwi, mango, chocolate pieces and raspberry sauce. You haven't lived until you've tried 16 Handles. This definitely one of my go to spots when I have a friend come to visit as well.

Yummmma!
 There are 16 Handles located all over the city. For a complete list of locations click here.

Check back daily for more of my favorite NYC hot spots and remember fro-yo melts fast- so go get some 16 Handles already!




Some images from: shopkentlandsdeals, tastethentel and yelp.

1 comment: