Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pommes Frites Is Where It's At

   Pommes Frites is a place that I just cannot stop telling people about. Anytime I am talking to someone about the absolute best places to eat in NYC, Pommes Frites is always at the top of the list. It's not necessarily what most people would consider a typical meal but if french fries are in a separate food group in your book, like they are in mine, it makes an amazing Saturday night fourth meal.
Ta-dah!
The Double. Amazing.

Sweet chili with mango sauce.
     I discovered the Belgian fries at Pommes Frites about two years ago. I had just moved to NYC to start an internship at NBC and I was craving fries. My boyfriend and searched all over the area where I was living and couldn't find any satisfying fried potatoes. Lucky, I used my trusty friend Google.com and after a quick search for the "best fries in NYC" I stumbled upon Pommes Frites. And I have been a happy camper ever since.


     Pommes Frites is amazing for precisely three reasons. 1.The fries are hand cut and delicious!      2.They have over 26 hand made dipping sauces to choose from to make your fries even more fantastic. My favorite is mixing sweet chili with mango...AMAZING.  3.The menu is simple and its cheap.


Its a great place to go on a Sunday afternoon date or after going out dancing on Saturday night. Also when you get a craving at 3 AM don't fear because they are open till 4.

     Pommes Frites is located at 123 2nd Ave. New York, New York 10003. What are you waiting for? Go get some fries!

2 comments: