Friday, March 22, 2013

Korzo Haus's Mindblowing Burger

  
  
      The self proclaimed "Most Unique Burger Joint on TOMPKINS SQ. PARK" Korzo Haus, lives up to its title 100 percent. Last Friday I got to work and my friend Angela said "I'm on Spring Break this week. Lets go out to eat tonight!" Naturally, I agreed. Little did I know 12 hours later I would be feasting on one of the most delicious and unique burgers of my life. 
   
     Two subways and a short walk later, Alex and I arrived to meet Angela and Aislua. The outside of the restaurant blended into the night so well that we almost walked past it. We walked in, past the six bar seats that over looked the cooks station and to the back where there was only a few tables. Talk about limited seating. In typical NYC fashion we were close to our neighbors and there was one server running the show, but I didn't mind because all I could think about was Angela's previous description of how amazing these burgers were.


Korzo Haus, Tompkins Square Park.




     In the dim lighting we quickly all decided that we wanted to try the "Original" burger. The burgers here are so amazing because the bun isn't a typical burger bun. Our burgers were wrapped in Hungarian sweet bread, stuffed with cheese, bacon and celery and then deep fried. I have never seen anything like it. 
     After we all got over the amazing presentation we dug in. The burgers were so flavorful so it was easy to understand why they won "BEST BURGER in NYC 2011 - Village Voice."

    Now, we all know that you cannot have a burger without some fries so, we pretty much ordered all the fries on the menu. They come served in a bowl to share with your friends. 
One of three different kinds of fries we ordered.
Happy, Happy!
      We all had such a great time chatting over burgers at Korzo Haus and I cannot wait to go back. They have two locations in NYC: 667 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215 and 178 East Street, between Avenues A&B Tompkins Square Park, NYC. For more information visit their website: http://www.korzorestaurant.com/haus1.html. Go get a burger already! 


1 comment: