Friday, March 29, 2013

Ruben's Empanadas

     
     Ruben's Empanadas are mmh-mmh-good. I stumbled upon this small shop about two months ago when I was running an errand at my internship. While walking down Broome street the word "Empanadas" caught my eye and immediately I was curious. I didn't have time at the moment to check it out but it didn't take long for me to wander there for lunch a few days later, and I'm sure glad I did.



     The menu is pretty simple as well as there marketing strategy. You won't find a Twitter, Facebook or Instagram for this shop and that fact kind of makes me like it more. It feels like you are a part of the extended family when you dine in at one of the four tables in the whole shop.They have been in the same spot for 32 years serving up some of the tastiest empanadas in SoHo. 


     They have empanadas made with beef, potatoes, ham & cheese, broccoli, ricotta and mozzarella and their most popular is spicy chicken. They also serve up classic rice and beans with your choice of black beans or pinto beans. For dessert they have sweet empanadas and a a cookie sandwich stuffed with caramel. YUM! Love, love, love this place and you should too!




Ruben's Empanadas is located in SoHo on the corner or Watts and West Broadway. The empanadas rock so go get some!





No comments:

Post a Comment