Monday, April 1, 2013

Grandma's Cookin' Sure is Good


   
   This past weekend Alex and I took an adventure to St. Michales, Maryland. We met my family in the historic Easter shore settlement that has quickly become a tourist destination for an Easter weekend getaway. After our four hour bus ride from NYC to Baltimore, we picked up my car and drove 85 miles to St. Michales. We had no idea what to expect but quickly fell in love with the area and the lovely four bedroom house with the Miles River in the backyard.


     Obviously, I was even more pumped about eating Grandma's cooking for the whole weekend and she definitely did not let me down. Upon entering the house I could already smell Grandma's famous Spaghetti sauce AKA: Mary's Rockin' Sauce and  my mouth started watering. This stuff is so good so I just had to tell you about it so you can make it at home too.


     To make this delicious spaghetti dinner start with making pasta of you choice as normal and then follow the steps to make Mary's Rockin' Sauce. If you want to get fancy you can also make a tossed salad and some garlic bread! The tossed salad that we had was topped with tomato, mandarin oranges and carrots. YUM. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Its quick, easy and delicious. Enjoy!


Mary's Rockin' Sauce
-brown hamburger meat with chopped onion and green pepper
-drain all juices
-add garlic salt, onion salt and oregano
-add one 16oz can of Ragu
-add two cans of 8oz diced tomatoes
-mix it up heat to perfection



Yummy Garlic Bread
Snaps for Grandma!
Chef is in the pink!
After dinner Grandma had a surprise in store for all of us. In the spirit of Easter and her love of crafts, she brought us tools to make a Easter bunnies. So have a laugh and check out the funny bunnies we made!


1 comment:

  1. Sure was a fun weekend...and gma's cooking is always the best!!

    ReplyDelete