Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fondue For Me, Fondue For You

     Fondue is my new obsession. It's an amazing thing mostly because it makes consuming an entire block of cheese with your best friend completely acceptable for dinner. However, fondue doesn't only happen with cheese. You can fondue chocolate, veggies and meat too! And for those reasons I bring you my next favorite spot: The Melting Pot.

     This past weekend Alex an I took a trip to Atlantic City. When I was exploring the web for fun things to do there, it came to my attention that The Melting Pot was not too far away from our hotel, so naturally we were going to go there for dinner. I had been to The Melting Pot before and loved it! Friday night we walked the one mile from our hotel to The Melting Pot and had a fantastic fondue meal.

     What I really, really want to tell you about though is the end of the meal: the chocolate. We chose the S'mores fondue and I'm so glad we did. My mouth was exploding with excitement after the first bite. Our server came to our private corner booth (which by the way makes this a great romantic date spot fellas!) and mixed together our S'mores Chocolate. A fantastic combination of milk chocolate, marshmallows and gram crackers melted together to perfection.


     Once your chocolate is hot, it's ready to be devoured. They provide you with a tray of yummy things to dip in your bowl of chocolate such as; brownie bites, cheesecake, pound cake, strawberries, bananas, Oreo covered marshmallows and much more. It's the perfect ending to any meal.

     The Melting Pot has many locations all over the US. For my New Yorkers, you'll have to take a short travel to Hoboken, NJ and  for my Pennsylvanians, take a quick trip across the Maryland Line and head to  Towson, MD. 

     Happy dipping! And remember if your going for a full four course meal, you're going to be there for two hours (and spend about $100 for two people)  so sit back, relax and savor the flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment