Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lower East Side Italian: Via Della Pace

     When I want to go to a new spot to eat, I usually  do a quick Google search to find the best of what ever I'm searching for like: "best pizza in Brooklyn." Other times I get really creative and ask random people "What's your favorite place to eat in the city?" But every now and then when I want a full on adventure- and Alex hates this- I take us to a completely random area of the city and we end up walking around for at least an hour, till we've looked at all the restaurant options within half a mile. I find it thrilling, Alex says its exhausting. And that my friends, is how we found Via Della Pace.

     We met up with my pal Angela and headed into the Italian restaurant. As soon as we entered we were immersed in a world of large groups of people packed like sardines, enjoying their pasta with loud music and conversation. The lighting was low and the staff was quickly moving about to please all their guests. Since it was so full we sat at the bar until a table was ready. Alex order a Italian Coffee and we were all impressed with the presentation.
 

We were seated about a half hour later in a corner booth and quickly got to ordering. I indulged in pesto pasta with fresh mozzarella, Alex had pasta with baby clams and Anglea had Gnocchi.

Pesto Pasta With Fresh Mozzarella
Pasta With Baby Clams

Gnocchi With Pecans

Everything was so delicious! I really liked the atmosphere and I cannot wait to try other things on their menu. Via Della Pace is located at 48 East 7th Street and 2nd Avenue New York, NY 10003. For more information check out there website here. Go carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment